Tuesday 20 May 2014

A short poem....on the first day of joining back work

Hello Mr. Froggy!!!
I come to work every day with my heart left at home,
Never thought I would have to see this day ever, so alone

Making a career was always a dream,
But with this compensation, I just want to scream

Tears roll down my eyes, my throat becomes sore,
I just feel so helpless and pain running down my core

No one can ever be a mother,
How much ever they proclaim to be there forever

My lil hero is waiting for me,
But I have a meeting in line to be

WiIl you forget who I am, my baby?
Will you forget to call me ‘ur’ mummy?
Will you forget the time we spent together?
Will you forget how much fun we had together?

I know this is a more joyful time than before,
But things are changing and are not the same any more

Had always thought of keeping you in a cocoon,
But I am sorry I have to leave you alone in an open room

I know ‘Money’ is important for a better lifestyle,
But not in lieu to rob you of your way of new life

I am trying to look for other options,
To keep you with me, with more caution

I will not deprive you of your share of motherhood,
For it I may have to flee my own work-hood

I am gonna be there for your every laughter,
For your cry, for your play and your all other clatter

I am gonna be your support for your first sitting position,
For your first bite, for your first stand and for all other initiations

I love you my baby, your my lil lil duckling,
I miss your quack-quack when I am working

Mumma is gonna be with you soon, Nevan,
Mumma is gonna be with you soon, my baby Nevan......

4 comments:

  1. I almost had tears in my eyes reading this... I know its so difficult for a mother to seperate from their cutie pies... I left my job after delivery... My son is 14 months old now but still I can't think of again starting my job...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks pk.....It came right from the heart on the first day when I left him alone. I joined back work when my lo was 4.5 months and he too turned 14 months yesterday and I still haven't been able to reconcile with the fact of leaving him behind everyday....I believe its an enduring guilt which might not die ever!!!

      Delete
  2. I had years while reading... I can relate... Need to join back work from next month

    ReplyDelete