Thursday 11 December 2014

Best Parenting Tip I ever received was....."Fix Yourself"

Dare you inform people about your Pregnancy and comes along with a brief "Congratulations" is a long, long, long.....(you can read Eternal) list of Advises, Tips, Pro's & Con's, Superstitions, Hearsay's, etc etc etc.Weather its your mom or your neighbor or a friend or just another lady you meet in a mall, metro or party, everyone has something to tell you, something to educate you about and warn you about what's gonna come your way!!!

But trust me you, hear everyone out but follow only your gut. When God makes Mom's (even Mom's to Be) he first gives the women an instinct, a "Mommy's Instinct" which helps you throughout your life and helps you choose the right path for you & your child.



The Best and amongst the most Off Beat tip which I got was in a party from a man (& not a women).....which was quite strange for me; he said

"The best gift you can give your child, when he/she is born is to FIX YOURSELF"

When I heard him, I thought the man is drunk as he offered me a drink a minute ago even after seeing my baby bump. But towards the end of the Pregnancy you are so used to these conversations that you just let the other person speak without any interruptions. So he went on and explained Fix Yourself!!!

Life before a child can be led in any manner. We all have lived our lives with different kinds of distortions and distractions and vocabulary but when the child comes its time to straighten up and lead your life the ideal way. The way you want your child to lead his life. Babies are born with a super power of imitation and a blank hard drive, so they learn what they see; they do what you do; they speak the way they hear and act the way they observe you reacting. So they pick up whatever they are exposed to and you are the closest and a true source for their imitation lectures.

This one was the best I got out of my whole lot of parenting conversations and now with Nevan growing up and learning things quickly, I have some daily examples which justifies the same...

I would just end by saying, "Fix Yourself, before you move out to Fix your Child!!!"


Image Courtesy: Corbis, Google Images

2 comments:

  1. Hi nevan's mom. My son yash was born on 10 Oct 2013. Both are almost of same age so I relate with ur experiences quiet a lot. yash is a fussy eater. I don't knw about nevan but i want u to write something on this ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pk, Nevan is just 1 day elder to Yash :) Anyways I shall surely dedicate my next post to your desired topic....Till then take care & Keep Reading!!!

    ReplyDelete